ESTAmerica Travel Passports

ESTA 90 days E-Passports to the United States of America.

Who is authorized to travel under the ESTA Visa Program?

Visiting Loved ones, or coming to vacation in the United States? You must obtain the proper authorization from the United States Government before entering the country. Some cases, this means applying for a visa but if you are a citizen of a country that is included in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) may be the easier and faster option. The VWP allows citizens of 38 countries to obtain travel authorization to the United States through the US Department of Homeland Security without acquiring a visa passort. If you are a currently a citizen of on of the participating countries and have a valid passport, you only need to apply with the ESTA form. If you qualify, you will have the authorization to travel within the US for  90 days. If you are traveling through the United States on your way to another country, you still need to apply for a ESTA application. 

ESTA Application Vs. Electronic Visas Applications

ESTA requirements under the (VWP) Visa Waiver Program are much less demanding than those of the non-immigrant visa electronic application. Visa application requires about an one hour or more time to fill out all the travel and history information about yourself and take months even years to get approved. Vs. the ESTA application is about 10 minutes and you can travel the United States of america for 90 days. ESTA’s are good for (2) two years. 

Travel Purposes for Applying for an ESTA Travel Passport:

When applying for an ESTA, it is used for seeing loved ones, vacationing, doctor visits, and suitable for most business trips to the United States of America. Some travel purposes are accepted, while other do require a full Visa application.

  • Tourism, Camping, and Site Seeing
  • Traveling through the United States Via Airports.
  • Vacationing / Holiday
  • Museum Exhibits
  • Amusements Parks Visits
  • Visiting loved ones or friends
  • Visiting colleges before applying for a Visa to attend
  • Medical Treatment and Doctor visits
  • Social events, Concerts, or hosted service group meetups
  • Participation in a plays, musicals, sports, or any other similar type of contests or events,  (Can not be paid to participate)!
  • Business consulting and business meetings
  • Participating in an educational, a professional conference, or any type of convention. E.g. Comic Con
  • Short-term career training (Can not be paid by any source in the USA except for expenses incidental to your stay)! Visa applications are required for traveling to the United States of America.
  • Full- Time Employment
  • Long -Term Educational, College, or Technical College
  • Any foreign journalist, press, film, radio or other information media
  • Seeking permanent residence in the United States of America

Do You need an ESTA for transit through the United States?

If a non-US citizen is passing in immediate and continuous transit through the United States, he/she may require a valid transit C-1 visa, unless he/she is a citizen of a country that has an agreement with the United States allowing their citizens to travel to the United States without a visa .

Do I need visa for connecting flight in USA?

The United States Department of Homeland Security requires Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers to obtain approval from the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) at least 72 hours prior to check-in for a flight to the U.S. or connecting through the U.S. An ESTA is required.

Do I need a visa if I have a layover in USA?[edit source]

Immediate and continuous transit means that your itinerary to your final destination includes a layover in the United States and you will have to stop there, but have no other privileges. … However, if you already have a B-1 or B-2 visa for the US, and you have to transit through the country, you do not need a C visa.

Which Countries need an ESTA E-Passport to come to the United States?

Visitors may stay for 90 days in the United States which also includes the time spent in Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the islands in the Caribbean if the arrival was through the United States. The ESTA is required if arriving by air or cruise ship. Visa Waiver applies without ESTA for land border crossings, but the VWP does not apply at all (i.e. a visa is required) if a passenger is arriving via air or sea on an unapproved carrier.

Since 2016, the visa waiver does not apply in cases where a person had previously traveled to Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 or for those who are dual citizens of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria. Certain categories such as diplomats, military, journalists, humanitarian workers or legitimate businessmen may have their visa requirement waived by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

  • Andorra
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Chile
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  •  Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom

Nominated & Road-Map Countries.

Countries to be nominated for status in the Visa Waiver Program are in between “road map” status and eligibility to participate. Nomination initiates a detailed evaluation by the United States Department of Homeland Security of the nominated country’s homeland security and immigration practices. There is no established timeline for how long a country may remain on the nominated list before either being approved or rejected from the program.

Since 2005, the U.S. Department of State has been conducting discussions with countries known as “road map countries,” which are interested in joining (or rejoining) the VWP. Of the original 19 countries, 10 have been admitted to the VWP.

  • Argentina (previous member, 1996–2002)
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • Cyprus
  • Israel
  • Poland
  • Romania
  • Turkey
  • Uruguay (previous member, 1999–2003)

Eligibility for the visa waiver may be withdrawn at any time. This may happen if the United States believes that citizens of a certain country are more likely than before to violate their VWP restrictions, such as working without a permit or overstaying their allowed period of stay in the United States. Accordingly, Argentina‘s participation in the VWP was terminated in 2002 in light of the financial crisis taking place in that country and its potential effect on mass emigration and unlawful overstay of its citizens in the United States by way of the VWP. Uruguay‘s participation in the program was revoked in 2003 for similar reasons. While a country’s political and economic standing does not directly determine its eligibility, it is widely believed that citizens of politically stable and economically developed nations would not have much incentive to illegally seek employment and violate their visa while in the U.S., risks that the consul seriously considers in approving or denying a visa. Israel has not been included in the VWP reportedly in part because of its strict scrutiny of Palestinian Americans traveling to Israel, thus not fulfilling the mutuality requirement.

The European Union has pressured the United States to extend the Visa Waiver Program to its five remaining member countries that are not currently in it: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Poland, and Romania. All of these are “road map countries” except Croatia, which only recently joined the EU in 2013. In November 2014 the Bulgarian Government announced it will not ratify the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership unless the United States lifted visas for its citizens. 

Do European Citizens need an ESTA E- Passport to the United States?

British citizens traveling on a valid, individual machine readable or e-passport, with a return or onward ticket, and who are staying for less than 90 days, qualify for the Visa Waiver Program and can travel visa-free with only an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

Do US Citizens Need an EU visa to enter Europe?

Citizens of the United States with a valid US passport can travel to 26 European member countries of the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days without having to apply or obtain a Schengen visa for short-term tourism or a business trip.

Visiting Loved ones, or coming to vacation in the United States? You must obtain the proper authorization from the United States Government before entering the country. Some cases, this means applying for a visa but if you are a citizen of a country that is included in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)may be the easier and faster option. 

Full Documentary Audio Book.